There has been quite a bit of controversy surrounding the death of a beloved hip hop mogul and philanthropist known as Nipsey Hussle. During the process some have upset the time of mourning with very offensive statements.
Jermaine Dupri and Joe Budden have each referred to Nipsey as “Jesus”. Not even in the form of comparison, they have said as if he was actually Jesus. Even if you aren’t a believer in the Christian faith, the statements made by these two men are simply riddled with ignorance and disrespect and here’s why:
This is not from a standpoint of judgement but rather facts based on the “code of conduct” laid out for us in the Bible (Ten Commandments).
1. Nipsey was a crip. Although Jesus would be an associate of any and everyone regardless of their flaws he wouldn’t be affiliated with a group that promotes and participates in violence towards others and selling drugs in their community. 1 Corinthians 1:10
2. Nipsey has two children without being married , That’s against the Ten Commandments ( considered fornication). Also , Jesus never took the time to build an intimate relationship with a women period , he knew he would leave this earth at a very young age. How selfish would it be for him to leave behind his love and children KNOWINGLY. Hebrews 13:4; Luke 9:22
3. Nipsey life was stolen from him, Jesus laid down his life as a sacrifice for us. So that we would receive grace and have the ability to receive eternal forgiveness. John 10:18
4. Nipsey was buried. Jesus rose from the dead, when his tomb was checked his body was not there. John 20:1-18
5. Jesus already walked this earth . His spirit lives in us. His second coming will not be a physical, he isn’t coming to stay but rather to bring his children home. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Nipsey wasn’t Jesus. He was a man that reformed his life, became a philanthropist, and took care of his community as if he believed in Jesus or some higher power. He was a good man, a GREAT man. But calling him Jesus is just taking things way too far.
Jesus was a perfect man, an untainted soul and by calling Nipsey Jesus, it literally disrespects the throne of the son of God.
There is only one son of God, one Jesus.